Simple Guidelines For Canon Printer Drivers Download and Installation
Use Compatible Canon Printer Drivers for Mac and Windows
Users can install the Canon Printer Drivers using the pre-packaged CD in Windows. Thereafter, you can open the printer driver setup to extract the file. A pre-packaged CD-ROM Easy Install contains methods for customized installation of printer drivers on your Windows PC. While it overwrites older versions of drivers (along with the on-screen manual and other application software) from the PC, the Easy Install software also allows all the necessary software programs to be easily installed.
Prior to Installation
- Log into the computer as an ADMINISTRATOR if you are installing the driver in Windows
- Exit any resident software such as the anti-virus software, from the computer in advance
- Remove any cables connecting the printer and the computer and turn the device off especially when you see the FOUND NEW HARDWARE or the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD screen opens automatically
- To quit the screen click on CANCEL
- When you plug out the USB cable in PC, the screen closes automatically
- Thereafter, go ahead and turn the printer off to install the driver.
On the Computer
- Open the PC’s drive and insert the Canon CD
- Click the RUN MSETUP4.EXE file when the AUTOPLAY SCREEN appears
- Alternatively, Open the driver software downloaded from this link to get the AUTOPLAY SCREEN
- Select CONTINUE when the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL screen is displayed
Note: Click CONTINUE if this screen still appears in the subsequent steps
- To start custom installation click on YES to accept the License Agreement
- If you click on NO you will not be able to complete the installation
- The printer driver along with the application software will begin installation
- At the PRINTER CONNECTION window enable the connection between the computer and the printer and turn the printer device on
- The INSTALLATION RESULTS window displays after the installation is completed
- Click NEXT to confirm the results
Registration and Survey
- Click on REGISTER if you would like to register your printer now otherwise, go ahead and click on CANCEL
- Select the REGISTRATION icon that appears on the desktop to register your printer after driver installation
- Confirm the Canon Pixma Extended Survey Program when the screen displays
- With this survey, Canon collects information about user experience and convenience to provide better services
- If you wish to continue with providing feedback click on AGREE
- Click on EXIT when a screen stating INSTALLATION COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY appears
- Check the RESTART THE SYSTEM NOW (RECOMMENDED) button if the RESTART is displayed and then click on the RESTART
- The EASY INSTALL process is completed
Printer Driver Setup Windows
- The Printer Driver Setup process will help you configure your printing profile to initiate printing
- From the printer icon or from the application software on Windows, you can display the printer driver setup window
- Navigate to Desktop -> Start -> Settings -> Devices in Windows
- The window for printer driver setup will open once you select PRINTING PREFERENCES
Canon Printer Drivers setup for Mac
- Installing Canon printer Drivers for Mac is simple.
- The printer and scanner Icon will be visible on the screen
- Start your search to find your Printer name
- Wait for a while until the compatible software is automatically detected
- Or else you can make use of the drop down menu to select the compatible software and proceed with installation.
The Application Software
- On the application software, select the command for printing
- Generally, on the FILE menu, you will select PRINT and open the dialog box for printing
- Click on PREFERENCE or PROPERTIES while selecting the MODEL NAME for your printer
Note: Users can always refer to the application software manual. Menu names and command names may sometimes vary depending upon the application software.
Q: Do you know what are the latest and best drivers to use with your Canon Printers?
There are lot of latest driver models to use with Canon Printers.To find it navigate to the canon driver download page and then, type the printer name and operating system version
Q: What are the best tips for printing success?
- Choose the latest drivers and also, update it regularly
- Scan your device periodically to avoid malwares or files that can harm your device
- Check and then, verify the Ink level on the cartridges that you use
- Always use genuine cartridges
Q: What are the tips to avoid software and driver errors?
- Ensure that you download the latest and compatible driver version
- Always check the Internet speed before you start the download
- Restart your printer and then, check if the errors are resolved