Canon printing machines have a long history and have to cater to both the domestic and industrial sectors. There are several reasons why you must choose one of their printer models and setup it up on canon.com/ijsetup, with a few reasons listed here below;
- Economical prints for black and white and color documents or images
- Efficient printing, scanning, copying and faxing
- Ease of access with a touch screen display for most models
- Some devices also support auto-duplexing, convenient two-sided printing
- Long-lasting cartridges with up to 6 cartridge tanks
- Label printing too is available on certain Canon models
Features of Canon Printers
Canon Printer Setup Instructions
The guidelines available on our website are applicable to all Windows OS versions with the exception of the server-client versions. And before you begin, check your box and make sure it has all of the below-mentioned items without fail;
- Power adapter
- Ink tanks
- Easy setup guide
- Installation CD
If you are sure that all these components are available and they look like they do not have any physical damages, then you can continue with the setup process. If otherwise, we urge you to immediately send the device for a replacement; even if there is a small dent on your Canon printer or a damage in any of the other printer components such as the ink tank or the power adapter.
Initial Setup and Power Settings
Every printer is accompanied by numerous tapes and clips that hold it in place during any transit. However, you must make sure that you remove all of them without fail before putting the printer to good use.
- You may find them on the lid covering the scanner glass, the touch screen display, cartridge access door and also in the ink tanks.
- And to power up your Canon printer, always use the power adapter and the power cord that accompanied your device.
- This rule must be followed at least for the first-time setup which will ensure that your printer is not affected by any electrical surges or fluctuations.
- Then, use the POWER button, found under the scanner glass in most cases, to turn on the printing machine.
Accessing the Printer Settings
- Access to the printer and its settings are available through the touch screen panel found on the anterior side of your printer.
- Some models have a touch screen panel whereas others still stick to the traditional button style.
- So, whichever is available on your device, use it to setup a few initial settings such as language, date and location.
- It also helps you gain control of your device when you are setting it up on canon.com/ijsetup.
Connection and Ink Tank Setup
The ink tank is like the heart of the printer without which it can never perform print or copy functions. Therefore, it is essential that you complete the setup of these ink tanks very carefully, without causing any contact or physical damages. Once caused, the ink tanks will remain crippled for the rest of their lives and you may have to look forward to replacements very soon.
- Color code these ink tanks and install them in the right slots and also ensure that they do not have any leaks or contact issues.
- When they are connected to your PC, they must all indicate that they are full and if not, you can send for a replacement immediately.
- Similarly, connectivity to another device helps the printer receive documents or images that it must further process.
- These connections can be of three different types and they are entirely dependent on the machine.
- Some models support only a USB and a wireless connection and some only a USB and a LAN connection. Only few devices support all the three types of connections.
To learn which connection type is supported on your device, you can call our support team at our toll-free number 24/7. These connection types will eventually help your device complete the setup on canon.com/ijsetup.
What if the Printer Supports WPS
In order to complete a WPS setup on your Canon printer, make sure that the device satisfies the following;
- Availability of a push button
- Ability to connect to Wi Fi
- Network must be WPA or WPA 2 protected
If and only if the above conditions are satisfied, will you be able to successfully setup using the WPS method. Otherwise, you must resort to other means of setting up the device with your PC or other mobile devices. And the steps involved in the process include;
- Power on the printer
- Choose the Wi-Fi button
- Only once should the indication lamp flash
- It will be a blue color light in most models
- Then, choose the WPS button
- Until you establish a network connection, the indication light will be blinking
- You will see two lights if the connection is successful
Communication with your PC
- PC communications happen through printer device drivers and other firmware.
- These can be easily downloaded from this link and can be installed on any PC that has a compatible OS version.
- When you are a first-time printer user, we would suggest that you install a full-feature driver that satisfies all of the printer functions.
- If you are an existing user and want to update a driver, then it is always better to choose the correct set of driver files and install them accordingly.
- For instance, you can find OS specific drivers or even function specific drivers for download (canon.com/ijsetup).
Print your favorite pictures right out of your social media accounts with the simple installation of this app
Canon Laser Printer Features
Canon Laser printers offer best services if you have print job at home or office. Some salient features are
- Available at an affordable cost providing quality prints
- Copy, print and scan options available to perform the respective tasks
- Support the scan formats such as JPEG, BMP, and PDF
- Excellent print and scan resolution
- Quality and paper handling capacity is always the best
- The latest models have the customized touch screen panel to make the required selections
- The color accuracy and print quality is excellent when compared with the other printer models
Select from the below list of top Canon laser printer models and start printing to complete all your print jobs
The Top Canon Laser Printer Models
- Canon Image class MF241 D
- Canon LBP6030B
- Canon LBP 7100 CN
- Canon IR 2002
- Canon Pixma MG 2577
- Canon Pixma MG 770
- Canon Pixma G 3000
- Canon Pixma MX492
CANON PRINTER SUPPORT
Need Help For Your Canon Printer?
Troubleshooting – Easy Guidelines – Printer Setup – Installation
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
Troubleshoot your canon printer to get rid of all the printer errors and to start with, identify the type of error that appears on your device display screen.Irrespective of the canon printer model that you use the troubleshooting tips always remain the same
Unable to print the documents
- If it is a printing error, check the ink level on the cartridges and if it is low try replacing the ink with a new one
- If the cartridges are not aligned properly you may get stuck with errors often. Hence suggest you to align it properly
- Clean the print heads and ensure that there are no dust or smears that accumulate over the surface
- Go for a quick restart of your device and then check if the errors resolve
Service your canon printer
- It is good if you service your printer once in a while. This step can help you to get rid of all most all the printer errors
- Service charges are not applicable if your printer is under a warranty period
Troubleshoot Network connectivity issues
- Network connectivity issues can often be a reason for the erred print jobs. It is always good if you choose a wireless connection
- Also, print a network test page to check and verify if the credentials that you use are valid. Contact your service provider to get the new credentials
Reset your canon printer
Resetting the Canon printer is the best method to get rid of most of the print, scan, copy and fax errors
Check the paper alignment
It is always important to align the paper properly before you start all your print job, Double check and make sure that you place the papers properly in your paper input tray. Always suggest you to use quality papers to avoid faded print outs
Always align the cartridge properly in the required slot and you can make sure that there are no dust or smears that accumulate over the surface. If so wipe it with a clean linen or distilled paper.
Update the software or firmware
Verify the software version of your printer and make sure that it is the latest and updated one. If the software version is old, navigate to the Canon customer support page and start your search to find the compatible software. Provide the printer name and operating system version in the software search tab to get the software results
- If errors popup while you scan your documents it is important to check the scan software that you use
- Ensure that you have chosen the exact scan resolution and settings
Finally, for any Canon Printer setup and troubleshooting tips, you can take help from our expert team.